Technical Field Engineer
What's the role?
If you’ve worked in engineering, you may well have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 23,000 people in more than 120 countries, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As a non-structural field engineer, you’ll be working with our customers, sales teams, contractors and designers to drive the sales of specific products.
This involves educating key influencers on construction projects about the proper use, advantages and value of Hilti products, with a view to securing their specification in the designs. You’ll then communicate these product specs from design teams to sales teams, assigning account managers with their conversion into sales. It means visiting job sites to assess design problems - as well as opportunities - giving technical advice, solutions and support, and adding value through the use of Hilti products.
It might also mean looking into new business prospects by running customer surveys for product development, and working with sales teams to develop local strategies. Day to day, you’ll report to your TL for Engineering.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. If you have two or more years’ experience in engineering or construction, it’ll be a big advantage.
More importantly, you need:
• Licensed Civil Engineer
• 2 years solid experience working in a project (Building and Construction)
• Huge network with various project contractors is advantage
• Strong foundation in understanding of design and engineering of large scale industrial projects
• Knowledge of construction activities including material, equipment, cost and time requirements to perform construction tasks
• Knowledgeable in technical engineering and computation
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Highly committed and a team player
• Strong customer service and negotiation skills will be integral to succeed to this role
What you need is:
- • Assist the Engineering Manager in offering solutions using Hilti products and services based on the site developments and plans to the existing and newly acquired clients
- • Identify opportunities in the early stage of construction site by prioritizing and planning activities according to the site progress and developments
- • Conduct effective product presentation;
- • Establish good rapport and build excellent partnership with the assigned clients
- • Perform other duties as may be assigned by the immediate superior as needed
For those interested, please see forward your resume thru firstname.lastname@example.org
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”